MOORABBIN BASEBALL CLUB – CODE OF CONDUCT
The following are the codes of conduct for all children, coaches, parents and spectators.
All rules must be adhered to at all times.
Moorabbin Baseball Club is committed to a providing a friendly, safe, positive and most importantly fun family environment.
CODE OF CONDUCT – PLAYERS AND COACHES
- Learn the rules and at all times play to them to the best of your ability.
- Never argue with an umpire, opposition player or official. All problems are to be discussed and settled amicably.
- Verbal abuse, swearing and un-sportsmanlike conduct are reportable actions and will not be tolerated by Moorabbin Baseball Club, Baseball Victoria and Baseball Australia.
- Always respect the equipment provided for you by the club, your parents or other players. Baseball equipment is expensive and should at all times be used responsibly. Abuse of equipment, such as throwing bats and helmets, is a reportable act and will not be tolerated.
- Strive to achieve the best of your ability at all times, both at practice and during games.
- The consumption of alcohol and drugs are not permitted whilst a member is participating at training or games and will no doubt affect your performance while playing.
- Always get a good night’s sleep, playing tired will also affect your performance.
- Respect the time and efforts put in by your players, coaches and officials. They deserve your support and full commitment.
- Baseball is a team game. Players are to always encourage team mates, even when they make mistakes. Remember every player makes errors, strikes out and has off days.
- Never ridicule opponents or team mates.
- Accept that at times you may be required to take a turn on the bench. When on the bench, encourage your team and be prepared to play at all times.
- Always respect your opponents and appreciate fair and good play. Without the opposition you would not be able to play the game in the first place.
- Always think about safety and the correct use of safety equipment, to avoid injury to yourself and to others.
- Set an example to others. Treat others the way you would want to be treated.
- At all times be encouraging and fair, show respect to everyone so that we all can enjoy our time playing baseball.
- Above all, play for the pure enjoyment of the game.
CODE OF CONDUCT – PARENTS & SPECTATORS
- Children play baseball for fun. Accept any mistakes as part of their learning process. Remember they are playing for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Applaud good play from both teams and encourage your child to accept that their best and honest effort is just as important as victory.
- Encourage the players and coaches to always play within the rules and spirit of the game.
- Parents are encouraged to learn the rules to assist in your understanding of the game.
- Never ridicule, abuse or yell at any player for making a mistake.
- Offensive language and behaviour from parents and spectators is not acceptable under any circumstances and the club will take immediate stern action.
- THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN THE UGLY PARENT.
- Baseball is a team game. Accept that each player will spend time on the bench and have a particular role within the team.
- Not all players are champions, so if they don’t want to play, then don’t force them.
- If you disagree with an official or coach, raise the issue after the game and attempt to resolve the matter amicably.
- The consumption of alcohol is only permitted during licenced hours. Drugs are never permitted at the club.
- Recognise the value and importance of the volunteers assisting. They give their time and effort in providing a safe and fun environment for your child.
- Always show appreciation to our club volunteers, including coaches, scorers and umpires.
- If you are able, your assistance is always appreciated.
Enjoy the game, have FUN and make as much noise as you can!!!!!!!!!!!